Union Shopper is a 100% union-owned organisation that utilises the collective bargaining power of unions across Australia to provide great benefits and savings to members and their families. Their major products and services include:
- Electrical & whitegoods
- Motor vehicles & accessories
- Computers, cameras & office equipment
- Insurance & professional services
- Travel & accommodation
- Leisure & entertainment
- Gift Cards
- Movie tickets
- and more
Union Shopper strives to save members as much as they can through sheer buying power, and encourage all members and their families to take advantage of the service as often as possible. To find out more about the Union Shopper service simply click this link or phone them on 1300 368 117.
Hall Payne Lawyers
As members of the CFMEU you remain able to obtain a free consultation with HPL experienced lawyers and they will endeavour to provide you with these services in a manner that suits your circumstances.
Hall Payne Lawyers’ can assist you in the following areas of law:
Personal injury, Will & Estates, Family Law, criminal Law, Defamation, Immigration Law, Disability & Super, Commercial Law, Property Law and Driving Offences.
Click here to go to Hall & Payne Lawyers
Almost 20 years ago, Unity Bank extended its financial support to the mine workers, their families and local communities. Thanks to the long standing loyalty and partnership with CFMEU, Unity Bank was able to provide many mine workers the financial help they need. It is also comforting to know that there is a Bank who will always have your back during tough times.
Unity Bank is YOUR Bank. Therefore, as a Member, you have access to a wide range of financial products and services at the tip of your finger. Just give them a call on 1300 36 2000.
Click here to go to Unity Bank
The history of Unity Bank
Westfund Health Insurance
The history of Westfund is inextricably linked to the history of mining in Australia. It was 1881 when their story started — when a group of miners banded together to share the load on their health needs. There was something in this community spirit and solidarity that inspired more people to get involved … and the essence of Westfund grew. Fast forward to today and Westfund is proud to continue to support you.
- One month free for CFMEU members. Use the code CFMEU when you sign up.
- Outstanding value health insurance combined with award-winning service.
- A health partner that supports you and your community.
- Local support and guidance when and where you need them.
- Access to one of the nation’s largest private hospital network and national Provider of Choice network.
Taylors Solicitors in Mackay has many years of experience with legal matters involving the mining industry and its workers. For CFMEU members they offer free basic wills and a free 30 minute consultation on other matters such as estates, workers compensation matters and total and permanent disablement claims. They also offer discounted fees on conveyancing to CFMEU members. A team member will be happy to provide further advice.
Cerberos Brokers have been handling the Group Income Protection and Group Life & Total Permanent Disablement Insurances on behalf of members since 2006. Cerberos are the District’s appointed insurance brokers act on behalf of members in arranging the insurance and most importantly in claims assistance with over 1,500 claims administered. At a glance, the coverage includes the following:
- 14 day waiting period
- Premiums in 3 age categories 29 and under, 30 to 39 and 40+
- Cover up to 85% of gross earning up to a maximum of $2,310.00
- Tax deductible premiums
- 104 week benefit period
- No application forms needed
- Receive your sick leave/ leave entitlements at the same time whilst on claim – The CFMEU District Scheme enables members to receive benefit from the policy at the same time as any sick leave entitlements, production bonuses, annual leave or long service leave.
Life, Death & Total Permanent Disablement
- Death by Accident, TPD by Accident & Life cover (Death by Sickness) of $150,000, with a weekly premium of $22.50 – irrespective of age.
- Cover can be increased from the standard $150,000 cover to either $250,000 or $500,000
- Cover from 16 years to 65 years old.
- Minimal application forms.
- Cover is 24 hours a day 7 days a week including work related accidents
Since 1941, they’ve been committed to the retirement outcomes of their members and being a trusted super partner in the communities they serve. They have a boots on the ground approach, with regional offices bringing Mine Super to the communities and workplaces of their members.
Watch the video below to find out more about how they support workers in the Australian coal mining industry.